This training enables users to administer oxygen safely and effectively, for casualties with breathing difficulties. Delegates will learn how and when to administer oxygen to a casualty and the safety concerns with carrying, storing and administering it.
This course is suitable for qualified First Aiders, Emergency First Aiders, dental practitioners and dental care professionals, nurses, healthcare professionals and others working in an environment where oxygen is available for casualty welfare.
Course cost from £50 + VAT per person
The course lasts 6 contact hours. Dependent on the learner’s experience, there may well be some pre-course or post-course reading.
Syllabus The course is made up of practical and theoretical sessions delivered by your Instructor who will provide a detailed course programme.
At the end of the course, learners will be able to:
• Explain benefits of oxygen therapy
• Identify indications for the use of oxygen
• Explain contraindications prohibiting use of oxygen
• Explain dangers of using compressed gas
Outline health and safety rules for the:
• Handling of oxygen
• Carry out operational checks in preparation for use of oxygen therapy equipment
• Identify when oxygen therapy is required
• Administer oxygen using the required flow rate for the following oxygen delivery devices:
• Non re-breather mask
• Bag, valve and mask
• Administer oxygen to a patient in line with agreed ways of working
Dates for 2019- 2020
Our Oxygen Therapy 6- hour course is due to run on:
5th December 2019 FULLY BOOKED
6th March 2020, Markfield, Leicestershire
Interested, but can't make these dates? Please get in touch and we can look at running an alternative date, or email you new courses are confirmed